WordPress Posts Tutorial
Posts or Pages?
- WordPress Posts – As WordPress started as a blogging tool, posts are the main content for a WordPress sites being used as blogs. Posts are used as a timely content entries that are archived based on month and year. You can organize posts based on categories and tags, and set them to publish on whatever date you would like. Posts are can be sent through RSS feeds and notify your site readers of the new post content. Posts are also extremely easy to share through social networks, as they provide timely content that can generate traffic to your site. Due to their ability to generate conversation, users can determine if they would like their posts to have comments from site visitors.
How Many Posts and/or Pages can I have?
Both posts and pages are unlimited in their number.
Posts vs. Pages (Key Differences)
The differences we list below definitely have exceptions. You can use plugins or code snippets to extend the functionality of both content types. Below is the list of key differences by default.
- Pages are considered to be timeless vs. Posts are considered to be timely
- Pages are not made for social content vs Posts are considered to be social
- Pages are not used in RSS feeds vs. Posts are included in a user’s RSS feed
- Pages may have a custom page template vs. Posts are not made to have custom templates